Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Kissing her boo boos

Today I was getting dressed. I plugged in my hair straightner and was singing and playing with Taitlyn in my bathroom. I walked out of the bathroom for a mini0-second...and saw my sweet princess holding on to my straightner. It was hot..but not too hot because I just plugged it in. Yes..I should have known better and put it farther away from the edge. I have learned this trust me. But my point in writing this is this


My little princes burnt her thumb. The most precious little thumb to her because it is the one she sucks on to fall asleep. ANYHOW, I immediatly picked her up and put her on my bathroom counter. I then put her thumb underneath water. She kept saying "momma, kiss my boo boo".
So, of course I began kissing her boo boo many times. Chad then walks in the bathroom and she then said to him "daddy, kiss my boo boo". He too kissed her little thumb. Aloe was applied and then a bandaid was too. We (Chad and I) exagerrated the kissing and hugging and just and did a little pampering of her as well. Honestly, we tend to do it often. I carried her down the steps and kept aying "oh, my little baby has a boo boo" etc.

Why am I writing about this? Because I was thinking about 1 year ago. We were planning our trip to get her in China. I was thinking about all the times that my baby went without parents to kiss her boo boo's. I know she was loved by her Ayi...but, it still isn't the same as having a mommy and a daddy. So, I was thinking to myself...maybe we go to the extreme when it comes to her boo boo's...but, my baby went almost 2yrs without parents to kiss her boo boos. She deserves all the love and kisses that she wants. She also deserved the sucker too:)

1 comment:

Meg said...

yup, we exaggerate the kisses and let her milk it for all its worth! These girls deserver that I think. Her poor little thumb- Eva-Kate still sucks hers too- she calls it her "yummy thumby"! I've also been finding the little stinker in bed with me every morning! Chris is gone and she knows she can climb in and not wake me up! she is stealthy. I don't mind though- it is really sweet waking up with her stroking my hair saying "wake up time Mama- no more sleepy"........thinking about you guys often....
Meg